Friday, October 01, 2004

Coffee, Coffee Everywhere, but Not a Drop to Drink.


I started out my morning with a fresh cup of coffee... all over the counter, seeping to the space below, and puddling on the carpet. The coffee maker was on, a combination of fresh coffee and grounds steadily dripping from the overflowing basket, and the carafe sat clean and pristine on the opposite counter. I fetched JFK and we had a good laugh at my boss, who looked pretty embarrassed.

Last night I went with Walker and Nick to his parents house to watch the presidential debate and then the Daily Show. I actually had a pretty good time, and am glad I went. Nick's mom cooked everyone chicken katsu, miso soup, and a few other things which were all really good.

Nick and Walker got into an 'argument' about the Brady Bill afterwards. It just wows me when Nick argues because I just can't think on my feet like he can. I don't know how anyone can spit out coherent and valid arguments on a moments notice like that. I think it's really impressive. I first met him in my dorm at college. Walker had brought him over to meet me, but I wasn't home yet. I walked in and there's this gorgeous guy in my room; He starts talking to me about philosophy, a little drunk and years from his last philosophy class, but so ontop of it all despite. I felt flushed. I don't think I'd ever been so instantly awed by anyone like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've really checked out ur blog and im amazed at hw well u write!! pls dun ever shut ur blog down!! it's already on my fav list!!!
i'll be tuning in!

cheers :_]

Eve L said...

Thank you. :D