Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Campus Crawl


I drove down to San Antonio this weekend to visit my parents, and I stopped by Trinity University on a whim. I don't think I've ever felt so confused driving in such a familiar area. I guess it's because I didn't get my driver's license until after I graduated.

I forgot how ugly San Antonio is. Just about every part of town looks like the bad part of town. Of course there are exceptions. Trinity has the largest gardener to student ratio of an school in the nation.


I stopped by the campus Study Abroad office, where I used to work, too. They love love love me there. I think it's because I used to tease them.


Visiting my parents didn't turn out so bad. My dad only had a few beers, and he barely lost his temper. I helped him with a few projects around the house, which I think put him in a good mood. My mom and I had a pretty good talk. She kind of lectures allot, because she doesn't want me to make the same mistakes she has, and she hasn't really given my boyfriend a chance because she thinks I'm ignoring the lessons she's been trying to teach me.

I explained to her that the one most important thing that I think I've learnt from her relationship with my dad is to find someone who is a friend who shares common interests, and that you can talk to. My parents hardly do anything together, and have next to nothing in common. This was never something she talked to me about, but when I told her, I think she realized the importance, so hopefully she'll be more open to him, now. Plus, I told her how he's going back to school, and really trying his best, which is what she was most concerned about.

No comments: