Thursday, October 07, 2004

Bad Coffee



I had to get gas on my way to work, so I bought some coffee at the gas station. (It's a shame it wasn't actually in a mug, because that would have been funny. Come on...Mug shot?) I really don't know why I was suprised about it being so bad, because I've tried their hot chocolate. Congratulations, Gas Station, on beating even my lowest expectations!

I feel like I should put something else in here, but nothing's really been going on. I watched Elephant yesterday, and I thought they did a good job at conveying a surreal experience by not focusing on one event more than any other. I'd like to say more, but I'd hate to ruin it for anyone that hasn't seen this yet.

I've also decided to put an actual effort into doing art again. I set it aside about five years ago, and feels like I've forgotten everything I once knew. I picked up some acrylic paint and a canvas a few days ago and just set to it. It left me feeling really frustrated and lost. Hopefully I can pick up a book sometime soon to give me some direction.

1 comment:

Eve L said...

I started by base-coating, and I was going to highlight from there. I've been painting miniature lately with acrylic, but the greatest technique you learn from that is to thin your paint to the equivalent of 2% milk. That really didn't work on canvas, and that's how I'm used to highlighting.