Monday, November 22, 2004

Hello, I'm Still Alive

I don't know if I picked it up from Nick, or what, but lately I've been skipping between hobbies. For a while I would spend a chunk of time reading every night before I went to bed and browse Amazon endlessly in a mission to produce THE LARGEST WISH LIST THE WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN!!! Then I started having shopping sprees at Michael's, browsing works on devianart and dabbling with acrylics, water colors, and vector art.

Ever since the release of Halo 2, I've spent all my my free time gaming. I don't know what it is about video games that sucks my attention to the point that I'm oblivious to everything else, but there you have it. I am a gaming zombie, and I need fresh pixels to feed to my insatiable undead eyeballs. The Nintendo DS (Dual Screen) was released yesterday, and I ran out and bought it because I've been set to pee myself from excitement every day of this month, straight, with a sprinkle of urinary impulses spread across the month before that. I love my DS, I just wish I had money to buy a game for it. At least it came with a demo.

Being a dork aside, I actually did something this weekend. I drove to San Antonio to visit my parents so I could spend Thanksgiving with my boyfriend. Bad timing. The stay itself was fine. In fact, my mom decided to have impromptu Thanksgiving Sunday instead. It was the drive down that was horrendous. I didn't bother checking the weather before I left, and I dealt with 15 minutes of rain so hard that I could literally not see the road. I even tried exiting the highway, but I couldn't see anything past the exit ramp and I was worried about accidentaly driving off the road and getting stuck in mud, so I got right back on, because at least that way I was guided by the lights of the car in front of me. The drive back had severe weather warnings, too, and I was so paranoid about dealing with a downpour again, I drove back way too fast for roads that wet and brakes as run down as mine are.

No comments: