Monday, December 13, 2004

Being Sick is Love

Saturday night I went to see The Nutcracker. I'd seen snippets on TV, but I'd never seen it live. I'd been telling Nick since early November that I wanted to see it, so his parents gave us their tickets, since they see it every year. 4th row and center! Unfortunately, Nick didn't come along because he started getting really sick right after his last final on Friday. I asked his brother, Chris, to come with me instead, and afterwards we went to eat at magnolia, and I had roasted veggie tacos, and we drank tons and tons of coffee. I had fun, and I don't hang out with Chris like I used to.

As for today, I am taking the day off from work. Nick infected me with some sort of vile disease and now I'm sick... and I really don't mind. I have been wanting to get sick for awhile so that I can stay at home and mope in bed and pout and get pampered, and make Nick bring me soup, oranges, and hot chocolate with cheese. Since Nick is sick too, we are going to gripe in bed together, saying 'please pass the tissue,' and 'oh, my nose is so stuffed up,' and then sit on the sofa under a mound of blankets and watch movies.

No comments: