Monday, January 17, 2011

A Tale of Two Swatches

Snowdrop Pockets

It took me a while before I finally admitted I need to actually make a swatch before beginning a project. It was only today that I realized that I've been VERY lucky so far when not blocking my swatches.

I've learned my lesson, so I made a swatch. Then I used smaller needles and did it again and was spot on. Eager to see my color scheme in it's full glory, I decide to begin with a pocket. Eager to see how my silky wool yarn after it has developed, I blocked it. The pockets grew. Substantially.

While I'm at a stand still for a few days until my smaller needles arrive, I've saved myself hours and hours of work, not to mention the soul sucking disappointment of watching my perfectly fitted cardigan grow three sizes too big. Remember: Swatch. Block.BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment:

rachel said...

You are a wise knitter. I hardly ever swatch, and I know it will come back to haunt me. But even simply getting a peek at your pocket pieces is exciting because they look gorgeous!