Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Ain't got no job; Ain't got shit to do.


Being jobless is pretty damn nice, aside from that entire money thing.

I've been hanging out at Bookpeople, and coffee shops downtown because I actually have time to sit down and read; I read two books in two days. I've been knitting, and cooking, and painting, and making collages, and doing arts and crafts, and watching entire DVDs of Cowboy Bebop in one sitting because I have time. I've been able to sit down and think about what I want to do with my career, and do research on the internet because I have time. Now I just need some fucking money.

The jobs I want, I can't get at the moment. I know Illustrator, and I know Paint Shop Pro, but I know nothing about Quark, or Photoshop. At the moment I'm mostly looking at stuff that's short term and flexible so I can save money to buy Adobe CS2 (About $500 with Nick's student ID), gain certification, and build a more diverse portfolio than just fliers and postcards. I've been kind of looking at some office work with a little design mixed in, but I'm not putting too much faith on that. Still haven't told my parents I lost my job because they're going to give me shit about it, even though I did nothing wrong. Don't want to tell them I'll be getting a ho-hum job while I gain certification for my career because they will give me shit about it, even though it is probably the best solution.

Nick's parents suggested we move in with them to save up money for grad school. It will be weird. No sex ever. Just too weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats up with the lack of updates? I so enjoy living vicariously through your days. Good luck on the job front!

Eve L said...

I am a lazy bum. ;p