Monday, July 26, 2004

Most Important News Ever!


I couldn't help but feel a little disgusted when I saw this. Don't get me wrong. I think it's absolutely fantastic that Lance Armstrong got his 6th consecutive win. And I understand why he was given the full front page. He's an Austin boy, and the city is proud. People in Austin everywhere have been running around with their yellow rubber wrist bands in support of him and his charity. (Full front page is actually a little misleading. Not only does his picture cover the front page, it wraps all the way to the back of the paper too. I could hang this thing in my room as a poster, it's so big.)

At the same time, it doesn't seem right he gets such a wide spread when the war didn't when it broke out. I guess it's because it's a cause for celebration?

No comments: