Sunday, July 10, 2005

Habitual Hobbyist


I got to work yesterday to discover I'd missed Sandra Bullock by about five minutes. Today, I had a customer with an American Express centurion card. I'm not sure who has heard of that, but it's an an invitation only credit card for the super wealthy with essentially no credit limit (people buy bentleys and jet planes with these things) a $2,500 annual fee, and pretty much gives you your own personal concierge who will get you whatever the fuck you want whenever the fuck you want it.

I always jump around with my hobbies. Nick's dad is bribing him a to loose a certain amount of weight by next March and it's put me on this healthy cooking kick. I think I've just been so malnourished from all the fast food I've been eating, that my body is flipping out and going OMFGVEGETABLES! I make stuff like greek chicken (chicken with feta and kalamata olives over spinach) and marinated tofu over rice noodles with baked garlic asparagus.

I stumbled on an upholstery book and now I want to make a wing chair or a fainting couch from scratch. But, carpentry tools are expensive, so I'm just going to reupholster my couch with awesome fabric when I get a chance, since my dog chewed it up when he was a puppy. Maybe I can try out carpentry later.

No comments: